Monday, June 6, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
Unashamedly indulgent, imperfect and gelatinous (?).
The big smoke hasn't killed me yet, but it just might soon. I have learnt some valuable lessons in my short time as a city slicker:
- Quite frequently, a strange man may sniff your hair or point at you continuously. Others may not appear to be as alarmed at you, so do not make a scene or you will be the strange one.
- The veggie burgers might be free, but this does not mean you should eat several.
- Poutine* is the world's greatest creation and my life was clearly a lie prior to not knowing about it.
- Jeggins are an endangered species.
- Sometimes it will take you far less time walking to your destination than catching a tram.
- Never, EVER engage someone from the 'Socialist Alliance' into conversation.
Valuable information right there. My essay is dying, so I must go tend to it. I murdered it with the first 17 episodes of Glee Season 2. I figure if they've already been shown on TV, I've saved all this time not watching them so therefore I can spend those saved hours now!
OH AND ANGRY BOYS.....<3, enough said. Chris Lilley, come to me!
*Poutine is hot chips, covered in melted cheese and then topped with gravy. I'll upload a picture next time I consume some. A must try for chips and gravy lovers, I guarantee you will not be let down!
Monday, March 14, 2011
TOP SEVEN LYK TTLY HAWTEST BOIZ BY MOLLY LOVATT
1. Dave Hosking - You define the first part of your bands title. You are a boy. And a damn cute one.
2. Colin Firth - WHAT OF IT. He's totally a character from Jane Austen in real life and no body can convince me otherwise.
3. That guy who plays 'Mr Coolson/Sam' from Never Been Kissed - Awkward, funny, likes Shakespeare. Best date advert if I ever saw one.
4. That guy that wears suit jacket and lace up shoes and Uni that Alex and I see everywhere and admire - PLEASE NEVER STOP BEING YOU. YOU ARE AMAZING. I LOVE YOU (?)
5. Tom Yorke - No man, YOU'RE so f*cking special. I wish I was special.
6. The movie 'Chocolat' - Yeah well, it counts. It's a very sexually attractive movie, alright!
7. Josh Thomas - Please, just learn to sit still on your seat. I get tired watching you on TBYG. Actually don't, it's terribly adorable and I'd like to marry you. Pity you want the same of your boyfriend...
8. - I just had to add an extra number for Julia Stone - she's neither a man, number eight or just a sexual attraction. She's number one and it's definately love.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Saturday; the seventh and last day of the week, observed as the Sabbath by Jews and some Christians; the day Molly moves; the day life begins for said girl.
I AM SO EXCITED!
On Saturday, I will most definately be a Melbournite and definately not be a Launcestonion. I will be a dirty Arts student, be living off Centrelink payments and eating lots of Mi Goreng. Come April, I will be living on SPENCER STREET, with a cute balcony that I can hang a cute piece of string across with cute laundry drying on it. I can have a cute herb garden and write cute haikus about my cute life. Alternativley, I will be starving and miserable, but the glass is definately half full at the moment. There's also O Camp to look forward to before O Week, which I am extremely keen to attend, catching up with some good people I met a few weeks ago whilst in the Big Smoke.
I am also very excited for PRE-UNIVERSITY SHOPPING! So far my list comprises: a Mac laptop...and a Keep Cup. That's def all a University student needs?
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
NB: Above ensemble did include turquoise explorer socks, not displayed in photo.
...and baking things with my sister, who I am currently living life through in a psychotic attempt to deny growing up:
(it's caramel mudcake, with a chocolate ganache. no darleen ever baked THAT! HA!)